Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB converter, help me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

letan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ftdi2232 +i2c +linux +eeprom

I need a IC convert from USB to SPI or I2C, please help me!

ftdi232 wince

Check out the webpage of FTDI, I think you will find what you need there

The important question is, if you want to implement a SPI master or slave? MAX3420 is designed as a SPI slave only, while FTDI2232 is a versatile USB interface that can implement various protocols as dual RS232, bidirectional parallel interface with FIFO, SPI (master) or JTAG. FTDI has made specific DLLs for easy setup of SPI or JTAG communication, but the protocol can be used through the general driver as well. Also Linux and Windows CE drivers are available. The serial protocols (also SPI) runs up to 6 MHz CLK speed.

Newer FTDI232 version (FTDI232R, the type with internal oscillator and EEPROM) seems also to be able to implement part of these operation modes, but I didn't use it yet in this application.

Status
Not open for further replies.