Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb convert to rs232 use PL2303 chip with custome VID PID

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanelinus

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ...

i build USB coverter to RS232 , I use PL2303 chip ,, i just put new VID and PID in ,,, NOw I need file out how to edit dirive ( manufactory drive ) to work with my own VID and PID .... can someone help me out ,,, i don't know where can I start at that point

Re: usb convert to rs232 use PL2303 chip with custome VID PI

cant understand.
pl2303 has its own vid and pid which you are not going to change.
other side is rs232 which has no pid and vid.

where does the new vidnpid comes?

srizbf said:
cant understand.
pl2303 has its own vid and pid which you are not going to change.
other side is rs232 which has no pid and vid.

where does the new vidnpid comes?

On PL2303 chip OEM allow build it with EEFROM 24C02 to store own VID and PID
So gong test :
1. If use OEM , VID and PID ( eefrom - blank ) then can use OEM drive for PL 2303 ,,, it work fine .
2. If use OWN - VID and PID store on EEFROM then OEM - driver for PL2303 not working ... we have change VID and PID on driver ,,, that we don't know how ,,, can anybody help ???

if using pl2303 driver from manufacturer , then they will have optional sources to include the eeprom related codes.
since it involves driver accessing, without the additional source of eeprom related things , i think it is not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back