Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB 2.0 & CY7C68013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenKropp

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cy7c68013 driver

Hi,
I need to transfer (a lot of) data from my board to the PC via USB. Therefore either the CY7C68013 or CY7C68013A seem to be the best choice.
Unfortunately I'm overloaded with documentation and don't know how to start e.g. writing firmware, win2k device driver and accesses via Visual Basic.
Could anyone advice me a similar project including a good description or a tutorial.
Maybe there's a good (cheap) evaluation board or this modul h**ps://digilent.us/Sales/Product.cfm?Prod=USB2
is a good starting point?

Thx in advance

cy7c68013

if i remember right? the eva board from cypress is not that expensive. i think it is less than 200 euros. look here: h**p://www.sasco.de/ if you are from that region.

cy7c68013 usb driver

thx for the reply.
I saw it at their official web site for about 500$ but the question is if I need it. Is there anything included that I can't get free? Otherwise I would prefer the 50$ module :D

cy7c68013 dll driver

what is your data rate from your board to the pc?
can you provide me a link to the 50$ module?

usb 2.0 & cy7c68013

I want it as fast as possible so USB2.0 High Speed is the best choice.
The link is **broken link removed**

cy7c68013a usb driver

maybe this helps: h**p://www.braintechnology.de/braintechnology/usb2dll.html
if you have translation problems tell me.

driver cy7c68013

BenKropp,
Digilent product from your link requires their System Board. I think for you this USB card is useless.

Dataie,
Have you tried this card by yourself?
I am looking for a way of connecting USB keyboard to 8051 microcontroller. In the document from your link there is an example for USB20CTest_MCU51. Has anyone tried this?

usb2dll

Ianp.
the USb Keyboard same as USB20C, so we can not connect the two USB device directly.

драйвер cy7c68013

Yes, I know that.
And that is why I am looking at PL2303 or CP2102 as interface IC between USB and 8051..

cypress cy7c68013a driver

My experience with external usb interface chips are that the interfacing overheads combined with 8051 speeds are barely capable to provide a fraction of usb1.1 speeds, so using usb2.0 is probably a waste of time. If you need a faster transfer rate, use a uP with integrated usb controller.

cy7c68013 camera driver

IanP said:
Yes, I know that.
And that is why I am looking at PL2303 or CP2102 as interface IC between USB and 8051..
The main problem lies in the fact that it's not possible for a usb device to talk to another usb device, short of using the new OTG standards. USB is a host-centric protocol, and a host MUST be present for communication to take place.

cy7c68013a projekts

Cypress has a couple of USB chips with both host and peripheral SIE's.

CY7C67200
CY7C67300
SL811HS

They've just changed layout on their homepage, so unfortunately I can't give direct links. Go to www.cypress.com - choose products and then embedded hosts.

It is also possible to download the installation cd-rom, with code examples (both host, peripheral and both)

cy7c68013 versus cy7c67300

The most serious problem that one faces when trying to design its own USB devices is neccesity of getting to know the whole USB protocol. Besides, there is also a need of writting a proper driver. All the chips described above must have such driver. Much better solution is to use FT245BM or FT232BM chips from www.ftdichip.com. You can download free windows driver (*.sys file) and *.dll file whcich enables you to communicate with thec chips via any programming language. You don't have to know anything about USB (apart from a few very basic things)

cy7c68013a windows 7 driver

high speed 20MBytes/Sec

Status
Not open for further replies.