Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USART sim900 and Atmega32

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisal349

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to interface sim900 with atmega via UART.

I need only Tx,Rx and Gnd pin for interfacing it with atmega32....right??

and secondly how can I interface sim900 with PC....Do i need DTR,RTS etc pins also along with tx,rx,gnd??

Also I want to keep my GSM modem 'on' all the time....so when the power is lost and restored again I don't want to turn the modem 'turn on' manually but rather it should turn on automatically.....How should i connect the PWRKEY Pin so it turns on automatically when power is back.

Thanks

and secondly how can I interface sim900 with PC....Do i need DTR,RTS etc pins also along with tx,rx,gnd??

Also I want to keep my GSM modem 'on' all the time....so when the power is lost and restored again I don't want to turn the modem 'turn on' manually but rather it should turn on automatically.....How should i connect the PWRKEY Pin so it turns on automatically when power is back.

Thanks

hi
for connect to PC rx & tx & gnd is enough
u should only use a level converter like max232

but for tern on module automatically u only can use a program in your mega32 to read work state of sim900

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

hi
for connect to PC rx & tx & gnd is enough
u should only use a level converter like max232

but for tern on module automatically u only can use a program in your mega32 to read work state of sim900

Status
Not open for further replies.