Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent !!! Regarding Output of FPGA Alteral DE2 board

Status
Not open for further replies.

LF_LF

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to interact my FPGA DE2 board with an ADC. However, the max output voltage from DE2 board is only 3.3V while my ADC is 5V peak. I tried to not connect anything in between and hoping again hope to obtain my expected result by just connect a jumper between DE2 board and ADC but it is not working.

Can someone recommend me some voltage translator for this 3.3V to 5V conversion? I tried before the TXS0108E from texas instrument but it is very sensitive, a small movement to the jumper will affect the output plus lot of noise. Later i found out from other member of forum that it is only suit for short trace and no wire/cable connected to it.
I need to submit the project in coming April. So i hope anyone please give me some suggestion as soon as possible.
Thank you in advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.