Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent query about this datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ow@i$

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 10MHz signal that i want to demodulate but first convert it to lower frequency through LO.
now i want to use this IC but it says that Intermediate freq IF is (450 Khz standard) ... this means it can only demodulate 450 KHz IF not any other IF????
as my IF would be around 240Khz (10Mhz signal minus 10.245 crystal filter) I cant find 10.450 Mhz crystal so have to use 10.245 that will give 240khz IF... so will it also be demodulated by the IC ??
plz help
i am attaching a screen shot of IC and the datasheet.
View attachment njm2552.pdf
1.png

Should work fine and it has the demodulator built into it as well as a mixer. These are relatively wide band devices and rely on external filters to decide what frequency they work at so the IC itself is quite happy to do whatever you tell it. You should be able to get crystals made to any frequency and at low cost if you need a specific frequency though.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back