Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent help: Interfacing hard-disk and microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayanandasaraswati

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fatfs

Hello friends,
I want help integrating an IDE hard-disk and a microcontroller. I found certain solutions in net with 8051/8052. But 8051 transfers data at really slow rates. I want descent data transfer rates upto 20Mbps. Help me out. What microcontrollers should i use. It should also be cheap. If you feel my requirements can be achieved using some other devices please give me detailed information on the same.

Thank you loads for your help

an1045 help

hi friend,

copied below, is the site where you will get all the c libraries and fatfs module,needed to impliment interfacing a hard disk on any microcontroller of your choice..
excellent it is....

http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html

microcontroller interfacing with hard disk

Microchip application note AN1045 contains information and source code to intrface one of their 16 bit micros, pic30, pic33, pic24 to a FAT16 or FAT32 disc I/O system.
These chips can clock up to 30Mips so you might get the transfer rates your after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back