Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

upconvertion mixer simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxing

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ansoft designer mixer simulation

Hello everybody,

I am designing an upconvertion mixer (input 300K, LO: 300M). Can anybody tell me how to simulate it? I found lots of tutorial abotu downconverion mixer simulation but upconvertion one. Also, I will not considering the impedance matching, can I just use "stimuli" from Analog Artist? If yes, how to specify the stimuli? I am using Cadence design environment with Spectre simulator.

Thanks

mixer simulation

Time domain and Harmonic Balance are two methods in mixers to simulate but I can not help you with Cadence design environment.

I can help you with ADS and Ansoft Designer and HFSS

mixer time domain simulation

Hi djalli,

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how to observe the result if I only run the time-domain simulation of a Mixer? I don't think we can get the information about linearity from FFT.

You can use HB too. BY looking at P1-compression and IP3 you can estimate the linearlity of the mixer. Which is the simulator do you use?

The common NL simulations are HB, Voltera, Power series and time domain. If you look for the Mixer linearity you have to run the simulation for sweep of input RF power no mater if it is HB or time domain. For example you can have P1dB if you look at the conversion loss as a function of the power input.

Status
Not open for further replies.