Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

up to 5 volt dc to 220 volt ac dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

parveenarora

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
up to 5 volt dc to 220 volt ac dimmer circuit required .pls help

up to 5 volt dc to 220 volt ac dimmer circuit required .pls help
Hi Praveenarora
What do you mean by AC dimmer 5 volts dc to 220 volts AC ? i think you are referring to the inverter circuit , am i right ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

no dc 5 volt to ac 220 volts

- - - Updated - - -

up to 5 volt dc dimmer up to 0 volt to 220 volt dimmer from 0 volt ac to 220 volts

no dc 5 volt to ac 220 volts
Your words are confusing . you should try to talk clear to receive best answer . there is a thing in your mind but that is not in my mind . you should try to transfer it correctly . would you like to convert 5VDC to 220 V AC or you just want build a variable supply ? without clear informations i can't say anything .

AC dimmer [thyristor circuit ] not suitable for your application.

salam Praveenarora

your words are not explaining your target
i think you should tell us your goal anyway.

Ok..i guess what Praveen is trying to tell is he need a circuit where the intensity of the 220 volt bulb can be controlled with a pot connected to an ADC port and supply 5 volts DC to vary as reference. Naturally it will include a ramp generator too. There are ample circuits on the web..may be you need to search a bit...But as i know 10 volts is used as standard for light dimmers and not 5 volts.
Cheers

yes inverter circuit with variable output.As dc input very FROM 0 TO 5 volt output should also very from 0 to 220 ac

yes inverter circuit with variable output.As dc input very FROM 0 TO 5 volt output should also very from 0 to 220 ac
Humm , i got the idea ! i think you have a logic stage , which can deliver 0-5 volts out put , and i think you want with a logic system be able to control out put voltage ( AC ) from zero up to 220 V AC . right ?
If yes , you should use a two stage link converter , and then give your variable voltage to feedback pin of your driver , easily !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back