Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Up/Down Bounce Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

aly.yousuf7

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm playing with Up/Down Counters since past few days trying to get a counter that changes its operation after reaching min/max.

I want my counter to go like 0,1,2,3,.....,13,14,15 and then 14,13,12,...,3,2,1,0 and then again 0,1,2,3.. and carry on this way with a clock pulse.

I tried doing this using a J-K flip flop but it fails and stucks the counter at 15-0-15-0-15-0..

Anybody who can help me out?

Thank you :)

You've obviously got a hardware problem. Sounds like you're changing your up/down input one count too late, since it's rolling over from 15 to 0, which it should never do. You need to give us more information (like a schematic).

I dont have any schematics, I don't have any idea how to do it. I was just trying some random things to try to make what I want (not totally random though :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back