Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Up and down mechansim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roolit

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys.

I am looking to implement an up n down motion system. I am trying to dip a stick into a beaker and subsequently remove it after a short period. Now, the dipping speed can be uniform but the withdrawal speed has to gradually increase. So i'm thinking a dc motor with a ramp signal can achieve that. But i need help on the mechanical set up for this up and down motion... Please suggest... Thanks ..

Hello roolit,

Two usual ways to do that is to use either:
1.- Screw an nut to convert rotating movement into linear. The screw may be a recirculating ball type or a standard one. You must decide considering tolerable linear play, need of "reversibilty" in the sense that you can control load torque and not in the sense of going up or down. The recirculating ball screw is "reversible" and, usually, a standar screw is not.
2.- Using a toothed belt and wheels.

In any case, please consider the enviroment: presence of corrosive, inflamable or otherwise dangerous vapors, ambient temperatures, etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards!

thanks jorgito... will mostly go ahead with the second one..seems simpler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back