Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unrouted Connections Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbeffa

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I finished routing a board. After getting 100% routed report (all nets enabled), Orcad jumped
to reporting 8 unrouted with 4 partial routed nets. Then reported 9 unrouted. then 5.
The only changes I made were to silkscreen and assembly layers. If I check the Conns Unrouted
box, no nets get reported. If I unroute a net on purpose and re-run the reports, the unrouted
number increases with one and the unrouted net is listed.

I am pretty sure there are no unrouted nets. If I turn all routing layers off, I can see no ratsnest
traces.

At the same time when this bug appeared, the number of DRC errors jumped from zero to a few hundred.
All DRC errors are "No Connection to Plane", which is a false alarm also.

Any idea how to fix this?

Check your constraints whether you are pushing your routing beyond constraints, make sure your layout is complaint with all the constraints, this generally happens when you are not complaint with layout rules and constraints.

I have no complaint against the router. Do you mean compliant?

I am sorry that was a typo, yes i meant compliant (compliance), one more thing, check your vias whether all of them are properly connected to the two planes that they are supposed to be connected or not. And check whether your planes are being supplied with input power properly or not, check the input power stitching vias properly.

seems you are using layuot plus... the warning may be because of gridless routing... i think it is a bug with software ... layuot plus is an outdated software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back