Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] UNO 32 Chip Kit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmp131316

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I recently got Digilents Chip Kit UNO32 board and from the board specifications and also from what i have read on different forums i have found that this board is supposed to be a lot faster than an arduino board(about 23 times faster) . However it takes about 10 seconds for it to load the boot loader and in a recent project where i did some data acquisition from some sensors it performed quite bad.
I had about 6 sensors(1 sharp 1 paralax and 4 line sensors) and 2 gearboxes the robot should do some data acquisition from the sharp and paralax however they should at all times be conditioned by the 4 line sensors. I had the amazement that at times the robot would not go into the procedures triggered by the line sensors, or would have a big lag untill they did so , and would continue blindly to follow the sharp procedures.
example :
all of this would be in the loop function of the program

if lineSensor != ok
do something
if lineSensor2 != ok
do something 2
if lineSensor3 != ok
do something 3
else if allSensors == ok
verify if distanceMeasuredBySharp < aSpecificDistance then
make the motors to go forward

in this intuitive example my motors would go forward and at times not verifying the first 3 conditions as if the motors were spinning too fast and the board was unable to make the acquisition and take a certain decision

What do you think about this ? Do i need to load another boot loader in the board for it to perform nicely?
And by the way I am having some trouble with the sharp distance sensor its code is GP2D120XJ00F - measures from 3 to 40 cm. I am having some noise on it; I would appreciate if someone would give me a hint or a solution on how get rid of this noise.

Thank you for your time I appreciate the help;-)

Best regards:-D

The Uno 32 is 3.3v, and 5v tolerant so analog read is 0-3.3v.

If these are analog sensors make sure the conversion is for 3.3v instead of 5v.

--Rick

A low pass filter does the trick:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.