Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unlock AVR just to erase Plz Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesarman

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
unlock avr

Hi to all, can anyone help plz.

I buy some junk for spars, but some AVR AT89CXX,AT902313 came lock, i don't care about the firmware just erase the avr for other use. its posible to do it. sorry my bad english.

Thanks.

avr unlocking by another avr

What programming sheme are you using ? are you using Parallel or ISP programming ?
AT89CXX do not support ISP and so you can't say because the chip is locked you can't program it. This is the same for the AVRs . If you Lock the chip you just can't read back the cihp's firmware , but you can erase and reprogram the chip.

Please elaborate your problem a little bit more.

Farshid

avr unlock

Thanks for the quit answer.

you rigth i try again on the at89cxx and they let me erase.. but not the AT90S2313 its posible to lock a AVR to erase?

i try 2 diferent programmers, and i use two new 2313 and those works. I know the other AVR are good beacuse they came with led scaner kit. but i wanted for an other project.

any ideas.

how to unlock avr

AVRs have ISP capability, which means they can be programmed by an easier interface called ISP. But there are Some Fuse Bits that if you program them then the chip would not be programmed by an ISP programmer any longe such as Reset Pin/Oscillator/Etc.
in these situations you will need a parallel programmer to erase the chip back to the defualt factory setting.

Farshid

unlock avrs

ok, THEN i have to find a parallel programmer to erase, thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back