Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown LCD module not HD44870

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnyp

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to all. I have two lcd modules with 6pins so not HD44870 compatible but maybe rs232. My problem is that i can not find anywhere the datasheet. They are from VL and model is OK001 that is all they have printed. Does anyone has any idea ? Thank you

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I did not know how else to upload images so i uploaded them to my server.

quoted "OK001" isn't a LCD display, it's an optical M-Bus interface, e.g. to use with a PC. The manufacturers catalog doesn't suggest that the display is one of their products.

sorry I dont know about your lcd (?) display, but here I also have a lcd and I dont know how to use it ... it comes from an epson multifuntion printer type 5200
anyone know how to use it ???
the blue pin is the ground.
thanks.

Last edited:

My lcd has 6 pins and that datasheet mentions 7 pins. I don't think that will do. I don't speak German also.Any other info ? It has to be rs232 lcd cause i took it from a tax signature printer.

Pins 4 and 7 power supply + ????? But how when lcd has only 6 pins! It is not that lcd.

LCD comes in 6 or 8 pins.. if it is 8 pins then 4 and 7 are VCC ( 1 for LCD and other for Backlight) but here only 1 vcc is enough if internally shorted so pin 7 may be ignored......

And what about pins 1 and 6 ? Unused ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back