Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radar PCB unknown IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTI_16V

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. I am trying to repair radar PCB. As I can see everything is working fine. It wakes up when you connect yellow wire (as it should), voltage is present everywhere, indication leds lit fine... But It can't be seen on the network, so I suspect about some communication problem... It uses some kind of ethernet, it connects to network with RJ45 cable... This component VP2148 looks a little burnt from angle... Pulse H1102 is connected to TX+ and TX- and I can see some wierd signals on the scope... I couldn't track for now where this VP2148 is connected, does anybody know what is this component, I can't find anything in the datasheet with those marks?

Attachments

• IMG_20220214_185053.jpg
    IMG_20220214_185053.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20220214_185103.jpg
    IMG_20220214_185103.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 130

Thank you very much :). May I ask did you figure that out by experience or somehow from markings? Because I couldn't find anything by theese numbers.

Hi,

You mistakely used VP2148 instead of VP2184.

(Underlined what I see on the picture)
I did search for VP2184. Found nothing
Then
* "texas instruments 2184" --> nothing
* "texas instruments VP21" --> found

In the results URL I looked for "texas instruments", especially datasheets,
in the datasheets for an SO-8 package (usually first page)
Then within the datasheet I did a search for "marking" ... to find the SMD marking code information

Klaus

VTI_16V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back