Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown Component , expect to be a LDO but no matching connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

asimkumar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a soil moisture logger which is damaged and the the company closed so i have to repair myself, On the board there is a small SOT23 device with 5 terminals 3 terminals connected, marking on it is "C3EB", i guess it is a LDO but the pinouts are not matching with any LDOs as

LDO terminal 2 expected to be connected to ground here it is connected to Vcc
LDO output expected from pin 5 here it is from pin 3
soil.jpg

i have replaced it with a 7805(as i don't have a 5 volt LDO) and its working but still i want to know the component name

I think it could be S-812C50A; the marking code is C3E then possibly the "B"in your code has a different meaning. However have a look at the datasheet, it seems the pinout is that you reported.

**broken link removed**

I think it could be S-812C50A; the marking code is C3E then possibly the "B"in your code has a different meaning. However have a look at the datasheet, it seems the pinout is that you reported.

**broken link removed**

thanks a lot, the pinout is exact same, guess this is the component

Status
Not open for further replies.