Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unesed pin in Ethernet RJ45?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobik

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
unesed

why there unesed pin in the Ethernet
RJ45 connector (pin:4,5,7,8) and what
i need to do with them?

TIA :)

pinin ethernet rj45

sory, Unesed = Unused

Hmmm, it seems, that this pins are connected to ground, if application doesn't accepct MDI or MDI-X powering interface.

One way use this termination recomended from Intel:

Does anyone know where I can get a hub or switch providing MDI or MDI-X powering interface? Thanks a lot!

i have HP 100 VG network card use the 8 wires

that is for a special 100 mbits mode

6 * F

in 100BaseTX applications there are only used 4 pins (symm TxD, symm RxD) the other ones are just connected one to one in the connector and are used in so called structured wiring. (e.g. if you are cabling a company you just need one type of cable and use i for ethernet, telephone, isdn, and other communication devices)
In Cat.6 ot higher all pins are used due to the higher bandwith but with the exact same pinning. this is extremely useful when changing the IT you are able to use the same wiring.

regards
Elvis P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back