Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Understanding PCB designing/ manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pravin b

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Experts I need help understanding terms like mentioned below!
1.Micro Motor Circuit Board Card,
2. Aluminum Pcb for making panel light of LED
3. Telephone PCB Circuit suitable for 16 SS key pads- Shall I understand this as standard PCB used in PCB? If it is how can I know more about it?
4.Printed Circuit Board DK. 34 for our High Frequency 450 KHz 50 KW, EMA Make Machine.

Appreciated any suggestions for further reading!

2. Aluminum Printed Circuit Boards (also called Metal base PCBs) ... Although originally envisioned for use in the power-supply industry these substrates are now most widely used in High Brightness LED products. There are many names for these products; Aluminum clad, aluminum base, Metal clad(MCPCB), Insulated Metal Substrate(IMS or IMPCB), Thermally conductive PCBs, etc… but they all mean the same thing. A thin layer of thermally conductive but electrically insulating dielectric is laminated between a metal base and a copper foil. The copper foil is etched into the desired circuit pattern and the metal base draws heat away from this circuit through the thin dielectric.
https://www.amitroncorp.com/printed-circuit-boards/aluminum.html
4. Dk is dielectric constant, also sometimes given as Er (relative permitivity) wikipedia has good pages for these. It is a property of the material that the board is made out of.

Thanks for info reidintransit!
But still need some info about points 1 & 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back