Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic water level sensor Quiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimash

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,I want to start building my new project about "water level control" and I was looking for an "ultrasonic water level sensor",it must be industrial because it will be implemented in an iron tank,I am new in this domain,there is so many sensors and I don't know What to choose,please help

You can do tests to see how soundwaves behave in a tank, but I think you'll get confusing echoes. Unless the water surface produces a unique signal which you can extract. I think that's the only way you'll be able to read its distance.

Hi,

Send out a short train of pulses.

Sample the reflected sound.

With a simple correlation you should find out raw delay in number of samples.

Is this good enough resolution?

Klaus

It sounds like you are asking for a volumetric sensor, one that uses reflected sound to determine the volume of enclosed space above the water. It is not as easy as it sounds because the shape of the tank and how much it absorbs the sound play a major part in determining the returning wave delay, reverberation and amplitude.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back