Not open for further replies.

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am looking for a suitable UART WiFi module which I can interface with micro controller on one side, and on the other side I need to connect it to computer through a counter part module. The application board has temperature sensor readout electronics with micro controller sending data every 10 second through UART.

I have looked into RN1810 and RN4870_71. Are there some other smaller and simpler modules/chips which can fulfill the described requirement ?

Hi,

I must assume you did not do an internet search. Please do this first.
There will be a lot of hits. Do a pre-selection, then refine your requirement / questions.

on the other side I need to connect it to computer through a counter part module.
Do an internet search about: "WIFI", "WLAN", "802.11"
Any WLAN-router / wirelss access point should do the job.

What about Bluetooth?

Klaus

UART Bluetooth modules also fine. Is it simpler to configure compared with UART WiFi ?

Hi,

most of the BT modules don't need to be configured at all.

Klaus

Hi,

I guess I should try RN4871. The micro controller I am using is 16F88 by microchip which is powered up by 5 V. The Tx and Rx pins of the micro controller will have then TTL signal at UART, which is 0V and 5 V, right ? If I connect Tx and Rx of micro controller to RN4871, do I need level sifter because RN4871 is powered up by 3.3 V ?

Hi,

The Tx and Rx pins of the micro controller will have then TTL signal at UART, which is 0V and 5 V, right ?
--> no one can tell you without reading datasheets. Please try it on your own.

btw: TTL and it´s levels: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transistor–transistor_logic

If I connect Tx and Rx of micro controller to RN4871, do I need level sifter because RN4871 is powered up by 3.3 V ?
please try to do like every electronics designer needs to do:
* read the datasheets
* find out what´s the expected output voltage HIGH/LOW (V_OH, V_OL)
* find out what´t the allowed input voltage range
* find out what´s the valid HIGH/LOW voltage range. (V_IH, V_IL)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.