Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART protocol and Cortex M3

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalil.ajmi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am working on the design of the UART protocol using the Cortex M3. In that context i will use three type of frame, a configuration frame, a data frame and an acknowledgment frame.
So i was wondering if you can help me to get some information about an UART frame (header, tail....)?
Thanks in advance.
Khalil

There are existing protocols which most likely would fulfill your design requirements.

Or are you intent on designing your own for educational purposes?

BigDog

Thanks for your response,
I know that in the physical layer, the UART frame format is set to 10 bits 8 bits of data with start bit and stop bit. While i have to define an UART frame in a higher layer for example i have to define a configuration frame that will be as follow: header+baudratevalue+data bits+parity+tail.
I was wondering if that concept is wrong or right and how we set the header and the tail?
Thanks in advance.
Khalil

Status
Not open for further replies.