Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UART problem for RF module??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigbaobao

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am a final year student and i am using cytron product 315MHz transmitter and receiver and 2400 baud rate to proceed my final year project. I am also using PIC16F877A in this project.

The problem i face is...

- In the part of transmitter is fine, it i will continuous sent signal...i check it on oscilloscope the "HIGH" of rectangular waveform is 4.8V and "LOW" is almost 0V...when i sent a signal by pressing button and the waveform is pretty nice for what i want...so I think it is function well.

- In the part of receiver, what receiver receive is the "HIGH" of waveform is 4.6V but "LOW" is not 0V but 3.6V. (I am measured the voltage on the UART pin, RC7). Of course, the wave shape and frequency is the same no matter what type of signal i sent..So anyone here know what is the problem of this and any method can help me solve it?

I cant get the result i wan at the receiver side (example light on a LED when pressed a button in transmitter side), since when i was directly connected UART pin (RC6) at tx side to uart pin (RC7) at rx side it is work what i want.

I am very appreciate to anyone can help me to solve it...THANK!

Last edited:

(I am measured the voltage on the UART pin, RC6)
RC6 is Tx , you didn't connected the receiver output to Tx instead of Rx (RC7) by mistake? Then see if Rx is configured as input .

Hi friend,

It is my typing error, sorry for it...
ya RC6 is for tx side and RC7 is for rx side..
sorry to make confuse....

Your problem may be in the antenna of the transmitter, the receiver or both.
I faced a similar problem before with my FM Transmitter.

Hope this helps.

Hi, which rf module are you using????

Hi seadolphine2000 ,
i will try to change the antenna afterward....thx for advise...^^

Hi crazy_enginner,
i am using cytron product 315MHz RF module....

Status
Not open for further replies.