Status
Not open for further replies.

Victus

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for a U-I converter from 0-10 V on input to 4-20 mA on output. I've already tried to Google it, but haven't found anything promising yet. There are many solutions with OP amp and 500 ohm resistor, but they're only for 1-5 V or 2-10 V inputs. How about 0-10 V? Do you have any simple solutions?

Hi,

What about following one of the solutions you've seen with another op amp offset to produce 0 to x V, followed by another op amp for the gain? Could that be workable using a quad package, maybe?

Or could a current shunt monitor (with gain) be used? e.g. The INA28x ones can be adapted, to a degree, and a shunt monitor could also be followed by an op amp to offset any input/output offset.

The INA826 in amp datasheet has a 4 - 20mA PLC input circuit in the "application information" section (page 25), and looks like the output could maybe be centred around 0V. Maybe an in amp followed by a gain stage op amp?

There are many ways you can do it.

With the circuit below, use a logic level FET if you operate on a 24 V supply. If you want to use a
standard type MOSFET, then you may have to operate on a 30 V supply.

Attachments

• 420a.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…