Not open for further replies.

analog_match

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends,
I need your help. What are the typical interview questions that might be asked if one is applying for an Applicaions engineering position for a 3-5 yr experience level position. The job is for a FET applications position to generate test ckts for lab evaluation, demo boards, thermal and packaging studies .... all other tasks that a typical FET applications engineer does.

Thanks

I would get hold off (from the net?) application details for the devices the firm markets. Remember the circuits and the typical add-ons ( resistor values etc) that are not on the data sheets. Basically try to repeat what the firm has done in the past.
Frank

I used to work at such a place near london, in kent, .something like "bridge"..

you need to know what is difference between, Thyristor, IGBT, Mosfet,
what uis typical switching frequency..
What is typical switching frequency of a motor (eg the motor that your transistors get used in)

How do you cool a transistor?
What is thermal resistance equation.
What is maximum allowable junction temperature of a fet?
What is maximum voltage withstand.
What is reverse recovery of a diode.
What is a typical trr of your diodes

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: **broken link removed**

Best regards.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.