Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Types of multipurpose board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No22Ben

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just bought 2 multipurpose board ... Initially I tought they just different in color ... but now i found that the back side of these 2 board are different, the 1st picture as shown below, holes are independent , but the 2nd board in the pic, seems holes connect horinzontally, does it mean that electric flow horinzontally ?. Is there any difference of these 2 board ?
Please help me, thanks ~~~

board1.jpg

board2.jpg

Yup. The 1st pic board is known as doughnut board. No electrical connection between the holes. The 2nd one is known as veroboard. Following your orientation in the 2nd pictire, it is electrically connected horizontally. :)

---------- Post added at 03:58 ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 ----------

So, the first board you can connect by soldering the holes together to form traces or you can use wires.

... and with the second board (stripboard) you can cut the connections with a quick twist of small drill bit held in your hand.

Keith

Ok ... I got it !!! thanks , appreciate ~~~

John Blue ~

Is this already consider as connected ??? Or do I still need to solder the " tiny silver balls " ( sorry, I don't know what it call >< ) together ???

cb.jpg

Nope. It's not connected yet. You need to solder the tiny silver balls together. Then only, it is connected :)

Status
Not open for further replies.