Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two wireless module in same PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiii friends,

Is there any problem if I place 2 wireless module (let say wifi and BLE) on same PCB? Initially I tried a combo module from LSR (TiWi5),but in that module wifi interfacing through SDIO, PIC uC doesn't have that interfacing so I left that plan. I hope this time it will be fine,expecting a positive reply...thanks...

No there will be no problem ONLY if the two modules dont share the same frequency bands. But still you should use proper filters in your system

Thanks for your reply. I think both can share with same frequency(2.45GHz),but not same time.

Should I use 2 separate antenna or 1 antenna is sufficient for both?

It depends on the antenna what you are using(Example: 3db, 5db). in case if you are not going to use both the wireless devices at a time then u can use a same antenna for both.

but its always best practice to use a separate antenna.

Thanks,even I too thinking the same thing. My idea is to use modules with integrated PCB trace antenna.

Its a better practice to use separate antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back