Status
Not open for further replies.

arr_baobao

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys... i'm currently doing a project on two-switch forward converter power supply.
with the circuit diagram given, i have to design/decide the value of the components for the transformer and the output filter part.
i had went through few books and search online but non of them have details explanation and derivation of two-switch forward converter formula, most of them just focus of the single switch forward converter.
so anyone here can help me or provide me some useful links regarding the two-switch forward converter
hope to hear from u guys soon.

thanks!

parameter for my two-switch forward converter:
input voltage range = 100-240v AC
output voltage=48v, Po=500w;
switching frequency=100KHz

anyone can help me to calculate the value for the output inductor and the transformer N1 and N2 value?

Calculation is identical to a basic forward converter, except for the below 50% maximum duty cycle. Assume e.g. 48% at 100 V input voltage. Unfortunately, the duty cycle at 240V will be uncomfortably low, that's the price of a dual switch converter.

can u provide me some links with details explanation like circuit description or operation and the derivation of the formula for the two-switch forward converter?
as i said before, went through few books and online research papers, non of them really have all the details explanations.
i really wanna study into deep every bits of the converter.

I've read in a forum discussion, that older textbooks (e.g. from 70th or 80th) often discussed the two-switch converter. But I'm not aware of an example. In opinion, the behaviour can be easily derived.

i dont get u. what textbooks u refer to. can i hav the name or link?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…