Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two-switch forward converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

arr_baobao

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys... i'm currently doing a project on two-switch forward converter power supply.
with the circuit diagram given, i have to design/decide the value of the components for the transformer and the output filter part.
i had went through few books and search online but non of them have details explanation and derivation of two-switch forward converter formula, most of them just focus of the single switch forward converter.
so anyone here can help me or provide me some useful links regarding the two-switch forward converter
hope to hear from u guys soon.

thanks!

parameter for my two-switch forward converter:
input voltage range = 100-240v AC
output voltage=48v, Po=500w;
switching frequency=100KHz

anyone can help me to calculate the value for the output inductor and the transformer N1 and N2 value?

Calculation is identical to a basic forward converter, except for the below 50% maximum duty cycle. Assume e.g. 48% at 100 V input voltage. Unfortunately, the duty cycle at 240V will be uncomfortably low, that's the price of a dual switch converter.

can u provide me some links with details explanation like circuit description or operation and the derivation of the formula for the two-switch forward converter?
as i said before, went through few books and online research papers, non of them really have all the details explanations.
i really wanna study into deep every bits of the converter.

I've read in a forum discussion, that older textbooks (e.g. from 70th or 80th) often discussed the two-switch converter. But I'm not aware of an example. In opinion, the behaviour can be easily derived.

i dont get u. what textbooks u refer to. can i hav the name or link?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back