Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two Questions about Ring Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvays

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
These two questions confused me a lot. Anybody can give me any cue?

1) How to simulate power supply and ground induced noise in vco? The relation with power and ground push gain

2) Performance compared between inverter chain ring oscllator, current-starved inverter ring oscillator and differential delay ring oscillator( symmetric-loaded differential): phase noise, power supply induced noise, application, and so on.

Thank you

Index: Ring oscillator, vco, voltage-controlled oscillator, symmetric-load, phase noise

A noise file of the supply off chip can be written and added in yr simulation schematic .Runnig PSS AND PNOISE would show u the noise curve .

bill_sun said:
A noise file of the supply off chip can be written and added in yr simulation schematic .Runnig PSS AND PNOISE would show u the noise curve .

But I dont know how to write the descript.

I Only learn about pss simulation with noise insertion in phase domain, i.e. using phase model of circuit block, and phase noise also modeled in phase domain

Now, It's a transistor level circuit, how can i write the noise file.

Thank you, I cant find any help file about noise file. I wish that you can tell me more details about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back