Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Turning laptop LCD to VGA with LVDS controller board

Status
Not open for further replies.

hust

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lvds to vga

Hi Guys
I need your expertise...

I am trying to turn laptop LCD to VGA with LVDS controller board (see the attached PDF and DOC files of the pin assignment and board layouts of both LCD and LVDS Controller)

The LVDS Controller is PT551F and has LVDS 30 pins connector to LCD, i am having problem with connecting the ClkEDID (DDC CLock) and DATAEDID(DDC data) to the LVDS controller bercause on the PT551F there are no pins assigned to these DDC Clock and DDC Data.

Are these two components important for connecting the LVDS controller to VGA?

I have managed to connnect those relevant pins to the LCD, it works without DDC clock and data but only on AV not on VGA port.

If i try to plug to VGA , i got message input not supported

any help much appreciated.

Andrew

vga to lvds

I don't know the answer to your LVDS question, but I have seen various discussions about VGA and "input not supported". If you haven't already done so, try Googling for those words. Maybe a driver setting, or a new driver, or a wider-range VGA monitor will help you use the VGA port.

lvds controller

I beleive the DDC lines are for communicating to the PC and also use for debugging and programming the LCD controller chipset. When signal is not detected it usually means the resolution from the VGA is incorrect for the board. Check the datasheet for the board and that you are sending the correct resolution to the board.

laptop lcd to vga

hust said:
Hi Guys
I need your expertise...

Andrew

As echo47 already mentioned, not an easy task. Engineering design is sooo different between the two, even a card will have a hard time communicating.
I have no answer or further help... Good luck with your project.

lvds vga

DDC lines need to go to yor VGA controller, and (normally) tell your computer which monitor is connected and which resolutions are supported.
Use a short cable when trying, longer cables might fail communication.
Try some different VGA resolutions, especially the lower ones.
Try to startup your PC with the board connected, maybe your PC only looks during startup.
Also, if your computer is already connected on DVI, VGA output may be disabled.
Start your computer on VGA cable monitor.

Hopefully it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back