Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTL vs square waves generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigsawfallin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to generate a 5V TTL signal, and I have a function generator that can generate square waves. My question is can I generate a 2.5Vpp square wave and offset it by +2.5V to make it work like a TTL wavefom?

Thanks

You don't need to offset it. TTL levels are zero and 5V so what you need to generate is a 5V signal from your function generator.

Brian.

As Brian said, TTL levels go from 0 to 5V. Most function generators (at least all the ones I've used) do require the offset as their outputs are usually AC. Check the output of your generator before connecting it to your circuit. If you are clocking at a relatively slow rate, you can always use a single diode to "rectify" the output so you only get the positive side of the waveform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back