Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tsop 1738 problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gouravkhanijoe

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using tsop 1738 to receive ir
i have connected it properly according to the ckt given in data sheet and also modulated infrared transmitter led at 38 khz with proper burst cycle
but the problem is tsop is continuiosly giving active low output even when i hav switched off the ir led
what is the problem plz answer...

Ensure that the power supply connections are correct and that you've used a sufficient supply voltage which is within maximum and minimum limits.

Ensure that you have used a pull-up resistor from the signal pin (optional).

If still you have a problem, if you have another TSOP1738 at hand, you should test with that. It's possible that the TSOP1738 is damaged.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Last edited:

thanxxx sir i will check for the power supply...
and yes i hav tried with three 1738 tsop but the same problem occur again
could there be any other thing to take care ???

It's unlikely that all 3 will be faulty unless they are from the same faulty batch, but I don't think so.

You've probably made connection errors.

What did you use as the power supply? Did you use a pull-up resistor? What's the value of the pull-up resistor.

Here's the pinout and circuit:

7251737200_1356611945.png

7226114500_1356611945.png

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Last edited:

i have used the same ckt as in ur link
this is the ckt of datasheet
i hav used a constant 5 volt supply from the pins of mobile charger.. and pull up resistor of 10 kohm

have used the above circuit for a person counter circuit. the problem is that the output remains high which implies the receiver is not communicating to the transmitter. have used a camera on the transmitter led and found that they are glowing. lastly have connected the output pin of a 555 timer to an oscilloscope and adjusted the resistor to get 38khz. what can be the problem .pliz help

Status
Not open for further replies.