Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] TSMC missing schematics ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

analogLow

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying a new TSMC design kit. The digital libraries are missing the schematic view. The layout view is there. For example, there is an inverter with a layout, but no schematic view.

I have tried to use the CIW tools (e.g. generate schematic from netlist), but they all result in incorrect parameters. Is there usually a PDK tool that helps with this process?

Any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers,
analogLow

It seems you have some databased missing or you can not open the tool in a correct way/steps.
Bassically we have a tool and an input database/library.. to see the schematic.
Which tool did you use ? and what are the inputs for it ?
In those inputs, which one is missing ?

Hi ... thanks for the reply.

Bassically we have a tool and an input database/library.. to see the schematic.
Is this tool activated from the CIW window?

Which tool did you use ? and what are the inputs for it ?
In those inputs, which one is missing ?
On the CIW window, there are PDK tools, but nothing for schematic import.

Thanks,
analogLow

I remember that CIW window has 3 panels: Library - Cell - View.
If you see any library listed on Library Manager panel, click on it.
After that, you will see all the cells in that library on cell panel. And if the cell was created with Schematic View option, you can see the schematic on View panel.

I am not sure how TSMC does this for their own libraries, but not all vendors like to share 'visual' schematics. Sometimes they give you an extracted spice netlist and the GDSII of the cells. You can import the netlist and get a schematic, but I believe that is not what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back