Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Troubles with Atmel FLIP's progrmming software

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemuri

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
i have troubles with FLIP software from atmel to program the at89c5131 evaluation board.
When i plug the USB cable, the PC respond that the USB device is unknown, wherase in the FLIP manual it is uppose to recognise at89c5131 and propose me to install the driver provided with FLIP.
So when i try to open the USB communication in FLIP it asks me to install the driver, but how should i do ?
What can i do to make the pc recognise the board ?

thank you !

Hi.. AT89C5131 will only in usb loader function when it in PROGRAMMING MODE.. You must enter programming mode before connect to FLIP..
Basic way to enter programming mode is to
put PSEN to Ground and Reset it.. Some board will have Psen switch and reset switch.. you need to push and hold PSEN switch then push RESET and then Release Reset and Follow with PSEN .. Follow this sequence to enter Programming Mode
ONCE you complete enter to programming mode Computer will Found your AT89C5131 as usb device

Status
Not open for further replies.