Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

triple band antenna for mobile handsets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhijit

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i'm trying to design a mobile hanset internal antenna for multiple bands (GSM900/DCS1800 and PCS1900 bands together) .Can anybody help me to get basics of designing such an antenna which can conform to recent technology used for these antennas.

With Regards

Abhi

hi vfone,

i have read the articles posted by u. ya they surely give many hints on the structure.but there are many bizzare structures.can u tell me where to look for exact(/approx.) equations for the different shapes, with slots and shorts of different types or they r obtained simply by trial and error method.

with regards

abhi

Hello,

It is very unlikely they have exact design equations because of the complexity of these structures. Exact design equations can usualy only be derived for relatively simple structures. Mostly you start with an existing structure which you than modify to make it work for the application you need it for. These changes can be trial and error, but experience playes a gigantic role. The more experience a designer has the more he/she knows whether certain modifications will work or not without running a single simulation. If you are new to antenna design you'll have to go through this learning process.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back