Status
Not open for further replies.

nizdom

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys! I think this is a basic question but I hope you can help me.

For example, I have a signal DONE that will be high for a certain time for 1 clock cycle. How can I create a signal that is same with DONE and will occur exactly after DONE and also 1 clock cycle. Thank you.

a delayed version of the DONE in the following clock cycle just requires a register (flip-flop) on the DONE signal producing an output that is exactly the same but delayed a single clock cycle.

Based on this and other questions you should focus on learning logic design first. You don't seem to have a firm grasp on the fundamentals of digital design.

If I implement the code, TSS_TRIGGER is just the same with TSS_DONE during the clock cycle. TSS_DONE gets high only for one clock cycle and then goes back to zero. What I want to happen is when TSS_DONE gets high for a clock cycle, on the next clock cycle, a signal will get high for that clock cycle (TSS_DONE is low already). So it's like I'll get a copy of TSS_DONE but with a dealy of one clock cyle. But the code below only copies TSS_DONE. They are both high at the same clock cycle.

Code:
TRIGGER0: PROCESS(CLK)
	BEGIN
	IF(CLK'EVENT AND CLK='1')THEN
		--IF (TSS_DONE = '1') THEN
			TSS2_TRIGGER <= TSS_DONE;	
		--END IF;
	END IF;
	END PROCESS TRIGGER0;

No - TSS2_TRIGGER will be a 1 clock delayed version of TSS_DONE.

Hi,

I´m not familiar with VHDL.
But I wonder if ever TSS2_TRIGGER can become '0' after it was set to '1'?

For a one clock_cycle_delay id expect this code:
Code:
TRIGGER0: PROCESS(CLK)
	BEGIN
	IF(CLK'EVENT AND CLK='1')THEN
		TSS2_TRIGGER <= TSS_DONE;	
	END IF;
	END PROCESS TRIGGER0;

Klaus

But I wonder if ever TSS2_TRIGGER can become '0' after it was set to '1'?

Yes it can, because the enable signal is commented out.
But you are correct, with fully uncommented code, assuming TSS2_TRIGGER powers up to 0, then it is a latch.

Hi,

Aaah the "--" is the sign for a comment. This makes sense.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.