Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Triangular Wave shape generation with HA17741 is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithun_K_Das

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was trying to generate a Triangular wave shape with HA17741. I'm following this circuit:

trianglewavegenerator_1246556423.jpg
And the source is: https://www.pcbheaven.com/circuitpages/Triangle_Wave_Generator/

I simulated the circuit. It works fine in simulation but in real hardware, there is no oscillation. I checked all the circuits 5/6 times. No response.

If there is any problem with LM741 and HA17741 IC? will it differ in this case?

First step in debugging any circuit is reporting relevant DC voltages such as inputs and outputs ( or all pin#)
Set pot to middle. Learn to use Reference Designations like U1, U2 and pin numbers. U1-1

1in- =
1in+ =
1out =
2in- =
2in+ =
2out=

Vb=
Ve=
Vc=

Then realize OpAmp when (-) is not = (+) , the output is not linear or working , meaning will saturate to +/- rail. Positive feedback does this. (hysteresis)

Then use logic and input voltage, If inputs not the same then (+) > (-) then output must be high.

Beware input linear range is not full scale on 741 and 5V single supply reduces range alot more than rail to rail type Op Amps.

Then realize where schematic is coming from and may not be optimal or values are not optimal such as +ve feedback ratio.

Then make a better design. Substitute for the obsolete parts below. Since this was made for bipolar supplies. change the ground symbol to V+/2 using an R voltage divider to V+/gnd such as 10K/10K with a cap across it.

I'm applying 5V DC to Vcc and 0V to GND. A 10K pot is used to vary the ref. voltages.

- - - Updated - - -

Vout is zero. There is no triangular wave. Also checked other circuits too with this Op-Amp (HA17741). But no result.

Status
Not open for further replies.