Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

triangular wave generator and astable multivibrator circuits using opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineeth gk

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any one help me out with my proteus simulations. iam using proteus 8. iam unable to get output for triangular wave generator and astable multivibrator using opamp ua741. i hav attached the circuit diagram of both tat i used in proteus. plz anyone debug the errors i made astable multivibrator.jpgtriangular wave generator.jpg

Both circuits are correct, apparently some fault in Proteus design entry and circuit parameters.

A real oscillator starts by amplifying its own noise. But your simulation program has no noise.
The oscillator will start if you can add some offset voltage at an input.

A real oscillator starts by amplifying its own noise. But your simulation program has no noise.
The oscillator will start if you can add some offset voltage at an input.
The problem exists only for a linear oscillator, not for relaxation (or hysteretic) oscillator like the present one.

I think a SIM program causes this oscillator to sit calmly with the opamp inputs at 0V. Noise, input offset voltage or a good swift KICK would get it going.

I betcha that even a two-transistors multivibrator with equal value parts also will not start oscillating by itself in a SIM program.
I tried it in LTspice IV and it does not start oscillating unless the program is set for "UIC, Skip The Initial Operating Point Solution".

Attachments

• multivibrator.png
    multivibrator.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 104
I think a SIM program causes this oscillator to sit calmly with the opamp inputs at 0V. Noise, input offset voltage or a good swift KICK would get it going.

I betcha that even a two-transistors multivibrator with equal value parts also will not start oscillating by itself in a SIM program.
I tried it in LTspice IV and it does not start oscillating unless the program is set for "UIC, Skip The Initial Operating Point Solution".
You are right. There must be an initial disturbance. E.g. a DC offset and skip initial transient solution, or a kick-start pulse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back