Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

triac l4006l5 for urgent please

Status
Not open for further replies.

omar baabbad

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to control oven by usin triac 2.JPG

I cannot see clearly in your schematic. It seems like you are controlling the triac gate with a opto coupled triac. So Im not sure if it is right.
To control the oven temperature you will have to put a thermocouple or thermistor to measure the temperature. Then fire the gate of the triac in series with the oven at different times with respect to the zero crossing of the AC mains voltage. In this way you are varying the conduction angle of the sine wave. Thus controlling the power delivered to the oven. Another way is a rapid on/off by turning the triac on at zero crossing to reduce noise.
The control between the measured temp and the firing of the triac could be very simple or can be more complicated depending on the requirements of the temperature regulation.

The wiring is wrong. The main triac should be in series with the heating element, not across it.

Because the thermal inertia of the heating element in the oven prevents it rapidly heating or cooling, it would be better to simply use the triac as an on/off switch operated by the temperature sensor. Using a zero-crossing opto-isolator to drive the main triac is sensible and safe. Use a zero-crossing type rather than a normal type to reduce electrical interference but I would forget trying to use phase control for this application.

Brian.

Use a zero-crossing type rather than a normal type to reduce electrical interference
For good reasons, full wave switching at zero crossings is the only control method for heaters accepted by power quality regulations. Phase angle control is only permitted for light dimmers and motors of hand tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back