Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tri state Mosfet switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following pictures show the FDS8958A plots at 45 and 443 kHz drived by 74AC family. I believe that driving it by 74AHC family the ground bounce will be better.
Keep in mind that the max switching frequency I need is 192kHz. The rise of the waveform is still good at 443kHz.
FDS8958A_45kHz.jpgFDS8958A_443kHz.jpg

Following your suggestion I have took a look at the analog switches design. If I understand correctly you suggest to implement a level shifter for each switch, that's a great issue because I have to control 98 switches.
So I should shift the level of the registers that drive the switches instead of each single switch driver. I should get the shift registers (74AHC595) to swing between +/-5V instead of 0V/+5V or 0V/-5V.
Is there a way to do so?

I should get the shift registers (74AHC595) to swing between +/-5V instead of 0V/+5V or 0V/-5V.
Is there a way to do so?
74AHC and other fast CMOS series have maximum Vcc recommendation of 5.5V, with the exception of a few devices like 74HC4053 analog switches, that can be used as +/-5V level converter.

Well, 4053 can be used to control M1/M2, but since it adds delay, to get balanced delay on each part of the switch, I also have to use it to add the same delay to M3/M4 parts.
So I need one 4053 for each switch, for a total of 98 parts.

Any other idea to decrease the number of parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.