Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

traveling sailsman probelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramone

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sailsman problem

hello do you know about the travelibg sailsman problem??? If anyone has any info to give please upload...

Can you provide some more detail regarding why do you need the information then may be I can help.

Regards,

\\sezaidi

Matlab has a demo on Traveling Salesman problem.

Given a graph of nodes, and the connections between them (each connection has an associated cost), what is the fastest way to traverse through all the nodes? This problem is unique in that there is no known optimal solution other than the obvious solution of finding all paths and computing the one with the minimum cost. Such a problem is known as an NP-Hard problem.

It is popular as it can be used to benchmark the various search algorithms in AI.

this is still open problem.
you can come up with algorithm of your own.
no best optimum solution so far.

Re: traveling sellsman probelm

Informal description is not enough.

The person who post the first message should clearly mention the intentions and the possible areas in which he/she wants the Travelling Salesman Problem to be apply.

It is a whole theory known as "Computational Complexity of Algorithms" and Theory of NP-Completeness etc.

If objectives are clearly mentioned then some can help which would be useful.

Regards,

\\sezaidi

To be more clear i must say that i'm starting a project to program 4 robots in order they can co-operate and find a target in an unknown area with an optimum algorithm (plus robots must avoid obstacles and reprogram their path). I'm starting with the simplest problem that 2 robots start in an known space but they don't know where the target is... They can move one step ahead and they must find the best 2 paths in order to search the whole area in the minimum time....

I would be glad if you know could help me a little more...

Thanks in advance!

hi man
i had worked over genetic algorithm.And this algorithm is used to slove the travelling sales man problem i.e a salesman has to travel diffrent cities in such a manner that he takes the optimum path.
so u can use the matlab toolbox available for genetic algorithm on university of Sheffield site to solve the traveling salesman problem.

ramone

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
u can get this problem in Artificial intelligence of TMH publications

Hi everybody.I really need a matlab codes of solution of "Travelling Salesman Problem".This is my important homework.Please my all friends, if anybody knows or has this codes please send to me.
I will be pleased. I am waiting a response. Thanks a lot.
Hitx
e mail : hitx_47@hotmail.com

Here:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back