Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistors change to cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obikinobi_one

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a 12volt circuit diagram that ask for 2n2222 transistors with 10k 1/4w resistors that work in a on/of circle cycle through a dc4070 ic-decade counter. Can I change the transistors to c5080LD transistors and what resistors wil I need?

please upload the datasheet of the c5080LD, so that we can compare both transistors.

Depends where you live, but in North America the cheapest is the 2N3904, and in Europe it is the BC337.

But for your circuit, which is extremely simple, you can replace the 2N2222 with any general purpose NPN transistor. Just watch out for the different pin assignments.

Thankyou very much. I'm new in electronics and learn as I go. One other question: can I use a 1×12v power supply on 2 × circuit boards?

can I use a 1×12v power supply on 2 × circuit boards?
A power supply has a maximum allowed current rating and a circuit board has a typical amount of current it uses. If the power supply rating is 1000mA and the circuit board uses 100mA then the power supply can be used for ten of those circuit boards. If each circuit board uses 333mA then this power supply can be used for three of those circuit boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back