Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor switching issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murugesh_89

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am detecting a wave with ON time of 2.4ms and OFF time of 0.1ms with amplitude 4V. I want to switch this with equivalent 5V. So i connected a 2.2k at the base and 22K at the collector with the other terminal to 5V and the output taken from collector of transistor 2N3904.

In the normal ON state i am getting 0V at the collector with reference to ground. but in the off time i did not get complete 5V state instead i get around 2.5v. some time not even switching. i think the lower 100us duration causes this problem.

So what is the exact problem and how should i overcome this...

Thanks,
Murugesh

It looks like the transistor is leaky. What you are saying that with no volts on the base, the collector current is 2.5/22 mA ~ .1 mA. Try returning the base to earth via a 10 K and reducing the 22K to 4K7.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.