Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistor in laptop motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikeliss

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

I'm fixing Lenovo Z500 motherboard and after test i found that from in to one Transistor volt coming in but not coming out. I ordered new Transistor, replaced it, but right now power not coming at all (in Transistor).

Old transistor: Old.jpg
Old transistor spec: 4483A, AG, W26C

New transistor: New.jpg
New transistor spec: 4483A, AEA, W58C

Or i ordered wrong transistor? How to know value?

Sorry I'm beginner...

I presume the transistor is a replacement of Si4483. It's not necessarily defective. Maybe the gate control signal is missing. In case of a downstream short or overload, the power controller is possibly shutting down the power switch.

I'm assuming document.

Given you've replaced it with the same part (different lot code and manufacture site/date)...you're problem probably wasn't caused by this MOSFET, or perhaps it was and you didn't install it with the proper ESD handling and damaged it.

So what did you read on all the pins before you replaced it? The Drain is the 4 pins on the top, the Source is the 3 pins on the bottom left side and the lower right pin is the Gate.

Probably I didn’t install it with proper ESD handling..
Before I don’t read pins. I just ordered new transistor with to same name and replaced it.. but I found info about this transistor:
4483.png

And i don't understand why when i testing motherboard with multimeter it showing -12V -12.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

P.S i'm using 12V charger for test, but if I trying put 19V charger i can see 19v just for a 1min after 1min power connector get hot (50C) and voltage start jumping.

So probably i must change a (power connector socket) ..? dc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.