Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transient simulation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

raed_microwave

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'd like to know if its possible to simulate with mutiple stop times in transient simuation. For example I wana to simulate from 0 to 10 usec and from 10 to 20 usec at the same time.....my problem is that the step time is in psec and stop time is in msec...so taking long time to finish the simuation. I hope that you can help me to find a suitable solution for this problem...

thanks in advance

raed_microwave said:
Hi,

For example I wana to simulate from 0 to 10 usec and from 10 to 20 usec at the same time....

At the same time??? Please explain what you really want. Hopefully not to violate the physics.

LvW said:
raed_microwave said:
Hi,

For example I wana to simulate from 0 to 10 usec and from 10 to 20 usec at the same time....

At the same time??? Please explain what you really want. Hopefully not to violate the physics.

I mean that two transient simulators are working together but the second simulator starts with stop time of first simulator.....or partitioning the time of transient simulation

raed_microwave said:
LvW said:
raed_microwave said:
Hi,

I mean that two transient simulators are working together but the second simulator starts with stop time of first simulator.....or partitioning the time of transient simulation

But at which state should the second simulator start? He needs - as an input resp. as initial condition - the output of the first simulator at the end of this first period.
Or did I misunderstand something?

LvW said:
raed_microwave said:
LvW said:
raed_microwave said:
Hi,

But at which state should the second simulator start? He needs - as an input resp. as initial condition - the output of the first simulator at the end of this first period.
Or did I misunderstand something?

The second simulator starts simulation not from zero sec but should starts from the stop time of the first simulator. I have tried to simulate like this way but the second simulator is always started from zero!!!

raed_microwave said:
The second simulator starts simulation not from zero sec but should starts from the stop time of the first simulator. I have tried to simulate like this way but the second simulator is always started from zero!!!

That's what I have told you!
A tran analysis starts at t=0 when all voltages/currents are zero (unless you have specified other via IC).
You want the second simulator to start at a time the first one has stopped, right?
Shall it start again with all voltages/currents equal to zero? I don't think so.
Thus, what are the starting conditions? The second simulator does not know!

LvW said:
raed_microwave said:

That's what I have told you!
A tran analysis starts at t=0 when all voltages/currents are zero (unless you have specified other via IC).
You want the second simulator to start at a time the first one has stopped, right?
Shall it start again with all voltages/currents equal to zero? I don't think so.
Thus, what are the starting conditions? The second simulator does not know!

How can I add start conditions of transient simulator in ADS?

Actually I'm simulating a noise source with 11 GHz.....for noise bandwidth, the step time must be in psec..this is problem for me because I want stop the simulation around 1 msec. The time of transient simulation will be finished in some days!!!

Do you have any idea about frequency time scaling? I hope u can help me

regards

raed_microwave said:
How can I add start conditions of transient simulator in ADS?
I'm not familiar with ADS.
Perhaps somebody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back