Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transient current plot in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

baseball07

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. I am trying to plot the current in my simulation, however when I click on the node to be plotted I get the following error and the plot comes up blank.

*Error* Trying to plot expression <IT("/I8/MINUS" "/share/cadence_simulations/rjc03001/simulation/3_Sensor_System/ spectre/schematic")>, which does not evaluate to an object that can be plotted, like waveform or parametric wave. Please refer to the Wavescan User Guide to see what all types of objects can be plotted in Wavescan. Expression which evaluates to only those type(s) of
objects can be plotted

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.

Did you save the current data for that terminal?
I think current data is not saved by default so you need to enable it in the options.

Thank you for the suggestion. I am not familiar with what you are talking about though. Is this option somewhere in the analog environment?

Before simulating, in the analog environment window you can go to Outputs -> To Be Plotted -> Select On Schematic and select the waveforms you want to see, those will be saved.

The other option is to go to Outputs -> Save All ... then select to save all curents, this however will increase the size of the results file so the method of selecting only what you want to see before simulating may be preferable.

That is what I do. Attached are my paramaters. I then click outputs--> to be plotted, then select a node, like usual. Plot still comes up blank with the error.[/img]

Your setting is right, it should allow plotting current signals not selected before but for some nodes it seems data is not saved regardless of settings, I can't tell you why because I don't know why myself.

However if you want to measure the current going into a certain block just put in series a voltage source set to 0V (zero volt) and measure the current in the voltage source pin.

Hey guys. I am still having this problem. Is anyone familiar with the Cadence tools that can be of assistance? Or any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.