Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transformer replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexisme

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all, I'm currently building an effects pedal (based on designs at tonepad.com) for my brother for christmas, but while sourcing some of the components I hit a snag. The only place I can find to purchase a 42TM002 Transformer is mouser, and I don't really want to pay 20 euros delivery for a 2 euro transformer. I've tried to find transformers with similar characteristics, but have been unlucky so far. Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for this component, or an alternate source (with cheaper UK postage?)?

The required properties of a possible replacement depend much on the exact function of the part in the circuit, e.g. load and source impedance and if a specific transformer inductance is expected. Similar small transformers are all around in DIY electronic shops, but the said type has a unusual high impedance (high windings count). You should tell which tonepad project you're dealing with.

P.S.: The Farnell part seems to fit exactly the specification, at least in terms of "impedance".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back