Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toshiba a205 freezes when adaptor is inserted

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuholm

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone i have a toshiba laptop a205 , and it has a perculiar problem..it works ok on battery alone without any problem.. and it also works ok when the adaptor is plugged in with the battery out.. without any hassle, but when i plug in the adaptor with the battery inserted then violaa!! laptop freezes..also when the laptop is off with the adaptor plugged in,the battery charges normally..now,when the machine is in the off state with both battery and charger inserted and i power it on, it doesn't boot to the desktop,but freezes halfway..
I took it apart and made some analysis.. when the battery is inserted,nothing heats up on the board..when adaptor alone is inserted,nothing heats up..but when both charger and battery are inserted and battery is charging,these components heat up and they are all around the battery connector: 4845Px2, 6900AS,BQ24721C and inductor coil with 100 written on it ..ooh and another thing, the adaptor makes a high pitch humming noise a few seconds after the adaptor is plugged in the machine..i have tried several adaptors and they all behave the same way..i want to know which component to change..any help will be appreciated..i have uploaded a pic of the board and the components labeled are the ones that heat up..i tested the mosfets and they seem fine..any help will be appreciated

Same problem here with my Toshiba A205-S7464. I've read the same problems from many other toshiba laptop owners and no working fix is posted. The common reply from tech support is to change the motherboard? ;( I hope we will discover a DIY fix here...

myks said:
Same problem here with my Toshiba A205-S7464. I've read the same problems from many other toshiba laptop owners and no working fix is posted. The common reply from tech support is to change the motherboard? ;( I hope we will discover a DIY fix here...

I have decided to change all heating components (not going to be easy)and see if it solves the problem..will let the forum know of any developments...

...well i have changed all the heating components i mentioned of but problem is still the same ... i can safely say that the problem is not from the charging ic .
any help from any quarters will be appreciated..i'm very detrmined to get to the bottom of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back