Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] To Interface a Digital Vernier Scale with MicroController

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anantha Krishna

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am trying to interface a Digital Vernier Scale with my Microcontroller. I am using a Model 500-173[CD-12"C] of Mitutoyo make.

I downloaded the Manual from its website, but it is unclear about the interface. I have attached the manual. Please look into it and let me know the communication Protocol.

It's a 300 mm Vernier Scale with a resolution of 0.01 mm, so effectively it is giving 30,000 counts in mm.

Thank you.View attachment mn2074M.pdf

check this out
they may have their own protocol, any way its serial data u need a serial data system system
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

when request is held low , you can start reading data.
data on data line with clock output in clock line.
you must use clock line to read the data.

all these transactions are valid when dataswitch is held low.
you must have already the dataswitch cable.

reading 6 digits with info about + or - and whare the decimal point is , all are avaialble in data line.
as D1 to D13.

you must have some more information to properly interface the cable of mitutoyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back